[petsc-dev] Natural numbering for unstructured meshes

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Tue Feb 18 17:14:16 CST 2014

Blaise A Bourdin <bourdin at lsu.edu> writes:
> Let’s not make any assumption on what the natural ordering is.
> Another application that comes to my mind would be to do load
> balancing for iterative coupling of a pde formulated on a domain and
> on on its boundary.

Okay, but in that case presumably you would not be mapping the mesh back
to a reference ordering, but instead pushing the boundary indices
forward to their new owners.

I think it's clear that something like this is needed, so the next step
is to define an interface.  I'd rather not make the concept a mandatory
part of DM.