[petsc-dev] Changing Mat block size?

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Fri Feb 14 20:37:32 CST 2014

>   Ok, then don’t add bs to MatCreateShell and AIJ just go through the
>   several steps to create and set up the matrices

I made a PR that lets the user use convenience wrappers and change the
block size later.

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/pull-request/144/lazy-block-sizes/diff

The most common change is to use the accessor interface instead of
reaching into map->bs directly, which I think is generally positive.
When used in initialization statements are too cumbersome to pull out by
that interface, I added PetscAbs.  That's mildly ugly, but I think it's
better than having more weird constraints in the public interface.