[petsc-dev] [petsc-maint] SNESMF

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Thu Feb 13 22:11:53 CST 2014

>    Hmm, so if this is a reasonable thing (Jed and Matt?) shouldn’t we
>    add support for it for TSPSEUDO?

TSPSEUDO supports something similar, but the residual is always the
steady-state residual.  That is actually the same thing you get if you
try linearly-implicit Euler and do not extrapolate, because the time
derivative is 0 each time you evaluate a residual.

Kostas, do you intend to perform a full nonlinear solve for a finite
time step, or leave the pseudotransient continuation to deal with
globalization?

I think we need a test case in which this beats TSPSEUDO to justify
adding it as an option.