[petsc-dev] Single configure script for SuiteSparse package

Abhyankar, Shrirang G. abhyshr at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 12 11:56:59 CST 2014

Barry,
   Satish and I have attempted to create a single configure script for SuiteSparse installation. It is currently in the branch shri/update-SuiteSparse https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/branch/shri%2Fupdate-SuiteSparse. This change downloads the entire SuiteSparse package and installs all the sub-packages that PETSc currently supports (UMFPACK, CHOLMOD, and KLU). We can of course have selective installation of sub-packages if need be, currently it does not. I know you prefer a 'separate' configure script for each sub-package, but we think a single configure is a better approach. This change also updates PETSc to use the latest SuiteSparse. I've tested it with both debugging and optimized modes (with complex and 64-bit ints) and there was no change needed for UMFPACK or CHOLMOD solver interfaces. Let us know what you think? petsc-devs?

Shri