[petsc-dev] MatPermute definition

Victor Magri @Sinmec victorapm at sinmec.ufsc.br
Sat Dec 20 07:51:36 CST 2014

Hello!

I'm using MatPermute function to create a permuted matrix from two given
index sets. According to line 4711 of
${PETSC_DIR}/src/mat/interface/matrix.c they map from row/col of permuted
matrix to row/col of the original one. So, the index sets are inverted
before the act of permutation. Shouldn't it be better to call this function
MatInvertPermute or something like this in oppose to MatPermute? Besides
that, I think it would be good to define a new function which does not
invert the index sets before permutation.

Thank you!