[petsc-dev] MUMPS and 64 bit indices

Garth N. Wells gnw20 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 16 14:52:36 CST 2014

Attached is test code and matrix/vector files to reproduce a problem
I'm seeing with Umfpack and 64-bit indices. It works fine with Umfpack
and 32-bit indices. The matrix comes from a mixed formulation of the
Poisson equation. The matrix is indefinite. I've computed all
eigenvalues and they're nonzero.

Running the test program with:

    ./test -pc_factor_mat_solver_package umfpack

the output is

    Solution L2 norm: -nan
    Solution L2 norm should be: 2.96824

Running the test program with

    ./test -pc_factor_mat_solver_package superlu_dist

the output is

    Solution L2 norm: 2.968238
    Solution L2 norm should be: 2.96824

My PETSc configure line is

    --with-64-bit-indices --download-hypre=yes --download-suitesparse=1
--download-parmetis --download-metis --with-debugging=no COPTFLAGS="-O3
-march=native" FOPTFLAGS="-O3 -march=native" CXXOPTFLAGS="-O3
-march=native" --prefix=/home/garth/local/packages/petsc-64
--download-ptscotch --download-superlu_dist

Git log is 7fbfed63fbc5325cf1eefdb967627c4417715c46

(message copied to petsc-maint so the attachment doesn't get scrubbed)

Garth