[petsc-dev] More Fortran Interfaces

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 21:51:43 CST 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 4:00 AM, John O'Sullivan <jp.osullivan at auckland.ac.nz
> wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>
> I'm working with Adrian on our PetSc project at the University of
> Auckland. I think I've found a couple more fortran interfaces that are
> missing:
>
> DMPlexGetFaceFields
> DMPlexGefFaceGeometry
>
> I get the error:

>   "_dmplexgetfacefields_", referenced from:
>       _rhs_darcy_local.2542 in darcy.o
>   "_dmplexgetfacegeometry_", referenced from:
>       _rhs_darcy_local.2542 in darcy.o
>
> I haven't got to the restore stage yet but I think probably these ones are
> missing too:
>
> DMPlexRestoreFaceFields
> DMPlexRestoreFaceGeometry
>
> Also I'm having trouble declaring a pointer to a PetscFVFaceGeom type to
> use with the DMPlexGetFaceGeometry. Is there a trick to this or maybe its
> definition in fortran is missing too?

Sorry, this is a really bad time of year for me with family and work
travel. I can put in the Fortran bindings this week I think.
I do not know how to handle structs in Fortran (will ask Fortran gurus).
Right now, I am just going to make a PetscScalar
array with one more dimension since the struct is a bunch of Scalars, and
you will have to index into it treating the struct
as another dim.