[petsc-dev] Can ViennaCL coexist with Cusp?

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Thu Dec 4 04:49:48 CST 2014

It seems ViennaCL and Cusp are exclusive. From vecimpl.h:

#if defined(PETSC_HAVE_CUSP)
  PetscCUSPFlag          valid_GPU_array;    /* indicates where the most recently modified vector data is (GPU or CPU) */
  void                   *spptr; /* if we're using CUSP, then this is the special pointer to the array on the GPU */
#endif
#if defined(PETSC_HAVE_VIENNACL)
  PetscViennaCLFlag      valid_GPU_array;    /* indicates where the most recently modified vector data is (GPU or CPU) */
  void                   *spptr; /* if we're using ViennaCL, then this is the special pointer to the array on the GPU */
#endif

So I guess configure should complain when both are enabled at configure time, otherwise the build fails.

Jose