[petsc-dev] synchronized printing, singletons, and jumbled GAMG/BJacobi output

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sat May 25 19:22:48 CDT 2013

>    It would be confusing if it only prints rank 0 when the others are
>    also interesting. I suggest it gather statistics from all the
>    processes and print a summary.

How should it summarize?  (There are so many things that could be
different.)  Would it be okay to say "Subdomain solver on other
processes, use -mg_coarse_pc_bjacobi_view_all_subdomains for details"?

What should we do with 3.4?  -ksp_view is currently unusable when run
with -pc_type gamg, especially on more than a handful of processes.