[petsc-dev] git errors when trying to push to a fork.

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 25 10:51:18 CDT 2013

Looking here:

https://bitbucket.org/pmullowney/petsc-aijcusparse-icc/commits/all

you're probably better off pushing on branch pm/aijcusparse-icc (or another
named branch).

If you amended your work (e.g., using 'git rebase -i' or 'git commit
--amend') then you would need to use the '--force' option to push. Force
pushes are acceptable *only* when nobody depends on your repository/branch,
which is the case here.