[petsc-dev] CMake-assisted CUDA builds ready

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 20 14:09:38 CDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Karl Rupp <rupp at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> I also found that in some occasions one should issue
> >gt; rm -rf PETSC_ARCH/CMake*
> prior to running a reconfigure in order to circumvent a bug [1] in CMake.
>
> @Jed, Matt: The current cmakeboot.py removes PETSC_ARCH/CMakeFiles/{**version_string},
> which does not seem to even exist on my machine (CMake 2.8.7). Can we
> instead just delete the whole CMakeFiles-folder and probably CMakeCache.txt?

AFAIK, the bug did not exist in earlier versions of CMake. I don't want to
delete all of CMakeFiles because it implies that _everything_ would have to
be recompiled after re-running cmakeboot.py.

Did you encounter another bug or just the one cited?

BTW, what sort of project introduces an infinite-loop bug in a subminor
release and then is incredulous that you would expect to be able to run the
tool more than once?