[petsc-dev] Summarizing history with topic branches

Karl Rupp rupp at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 14 10:43:49 CDT 2013

Hi,

On 03/14/2013 10:33 AM, Jed Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Brad Aagaard <baagaard at usgs.gov
> <mailto:baagaard at usgs.gov>> wrote:
>
>     Jed,
>
>     This is a nice summary of how to use this feature. Can you add it to
>     the Wiki?
>

> Sure, but I'm already concerned about the information in the wiki
> becoming scattered and easily out of date. Are the three levels
> necessary or could it be combined to make only two levels? I usually
> like organizing pages by topic first rather than by "level" first. Any
> other organizational suggestions?

In the top level wiki page [1] we could reorganize the links in section
   "PETSc Development Workflow"
such that we link to one page per topic, e.g.
  [Configuration and Convenience]
  [Branching]
  [Integration Branches]
  [Quick Summary]
A bit of fine-tuning with respect to the granularity of the topic pages
is probably necessary. We could, for example, get rid of the [Quick
Summary] page and instead put a 'Quick Summary' section at the top of
each topic page.

Best regards,
Karli

[1] https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/wiki/Home