[petsc-dev] Usability

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 17:51:29 CDT 2013

Read the bottom of this page Jed sent:

  http://gitolite.com/gcs/

This detached HEAD business is something that makes Git less usable.
It is very flexible, but this is easy to screw up. If we are branching
around this is going to screw up right away.

So, on this page that Karl is writing, we don't just need instructions for
doing things correctly. We need a bunch of diagnostic commands that
will tell you what is happening and tell you what is screwed up.