[petsc-dev] All petsc-dev users will need to do a reclone of petsc-dev on Tuesday or later

Hong Zhang hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 11 15:12:08 CDT 2013

No matter what new/better  model is being introduced, please also try
to make the model
as SIMPLE as possible.
Below is what I learned from Jed this morning (correct me if I'm wrong):

1. a stable branch of petsc-dev for users
2. a dynamic branch, e.g., named 'next', for group of internal petsc developers
3. private branch for individual project, e.g., I'm currently working
on minresqlp with Terrya Choi.

For this model, I would appreciate a clear, precise and SHORT
instruction on how to do followings:
1. fork a private branch from the stable branch petsc-dev
2. pull/update private branch from stable branch
3. push private change to 'next'.
4. for nightly tests of private development, am I allowed to
frequently push changes to 'next'?
5. how a project collaborator, e.g. Terrya  clone my private branch
and work on it.

All for now,

Hong