[petsc-dev] All petsc-dev users will need to do a reclone of petsc-dev on Tuesday or later

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Mar 10 22:29:57 CDT 2013

    To everyone accessing petsc-dev via Mecurial (hg),

      We are reorganizing how we handle the petsc-dev/BuildSystem repository. In step one everyone will need to delete all their clones of petsc-dev and then reclone them either on Tuesday or soon after. So it would be good if anyone who has material close to being ready to push to petsc-dev to finish it up and push it before then.** (If you are a user of petsc-dev but do not edit any files in petsc-dev you will also need to do the reclone.)

    We will send out more warnings reminding you of the change and the location of the new URL to clone from. We will also send out a more complete message explaining all the planned changes and why we are making them. Aside from this first recloning, the changes will not require any immediate change in the way you interact with petsc-dev.

   Barry

** If you miss the deadline, but have changes that still need to be submitted, we can handle that but it will be  manual process so we do not want too much of that.