[petsc-dev] question about Krylov solves, symmetric matrices, and ICC

Paul Mullowney paulm at txcorp.com
Wed Mar 6 10:05:49 CST 2013

Understood. But, the petsc ILU storage for L and U is non traditional

In ILU, all of L is stored and then U is stored. For U, the diagonal
element of a row in U is placed at the end of each row (to get better
cache performance in the solve).

I'm wondering if anything similar happens in Cholesky where the
diagonals are placed at the end of each row.

-Paul