[petsc-dev] moab nightlybuild failure

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 28 21:08:40 CDT 2013

On Jun 28, 2013, at 8:29 PM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>>    BTW: it may be that petsc master and petsc next have different
>>    gitcommit?
>
> Yes, that's entirely okay.
>
>>    I guess this would be ok, the petsc branch would have have the
>>    gitcommit in it related to the appropriate moab.py master so when
>>    it is merged to next and then master, next and master will get the
>>    right new value. But this does mean we need a manual 3a)
>>
>> 3a) when the moab branch is merged into moab master the petsc branch
>> value of gitcommit in moab.py must be set to the new commit value of
>> moab master.
>
> Yes, this is the step that makes --download-moab automatically find the
> correct version.

   Ok, we need to document this somehow. Currently moab.py in petsc master has

class Configure(config.package.GNUPackage):
  def __init__(self, framework):
    config.package.GNUPackage.__init__(self, framework)
    self.downloadpath      = 'http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/fathom/'
    self.gitcommit         = 'master'

should it ever have 'master' here? Cause if someone changes master in moab (which will happen) this will no longer be valid, right?

Can you fix this and add add a comment at this point that tells what git command on moab master should be run and what value from that command should be put in self.gitcommit whenever PETSc master is updated to use a newer moab?

You may remember what should be done, but nobody else sure as hell will.

   Thanks