[petsc-dev] moab nightlybuild failure

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 28 18:17:55 CDT 2013

  Jed,

   Fine. So

1)   moab.py gitcommit will always point to moab master HEAD or older version of moab master

2)   MOAB/PETSc developers who are synchronously changing code in PETSc and MOAB will manually manage appropriate branches in each. They will not touch gitcommit in moab.py!

3) MOAB/PETSc developers who are synchronously changing code in PETSc and MOAB will always merge the moab branch they've developed into moab master before or at the same time they merge the petsc branch into petsc master (updating the moab.py gitcommit at the time of updating the petsc master from the petsc branch).

   I think this clarifies things.

   Barry

What got me confused is thinking Jed saw a bigger role for gitcommit then it really has; which is ONLY to synchronize petsc master with moab master.