[petsc-dev] removing mecurial instructions?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 28 15:05:23 CDT 2013

From http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/developers/index.html

  You have four options
	• download and install via Git (recommended)
	• download and install via mercurial
	• access tarballs directly from 'master' branch.
	• access the nightly tarball snapshot at http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/petsc-dev.tar.gz

can we remove the mercurial instructions now (while still having them work)? Since the switch to git has succeeded (that is we are not going back). Having all this complexity in the instructions just makes it more confusing and intimidating. Three possibilities is bad enough but 4 is terrible especially since one is completely redundant to another.

    Barry

Presumably anywhere you can install mercurial you can install git?