[petsc-dev] windows fixes.

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 28 14:36:25 CDT 2013

>     I was just kidding; I do think decorators are a better design. But
>     I don't want --download-python just so they can be used in a
>     couple of random places :-)

I agree that one thing is not worth it, but if we added
--download-python up to python-2.6, we could clean up BuildSystem using
'with' statements and could make it also work with python-3, which has
been the default Python on Arch Linux for almost two years now and will
be default on Ubuntu and other systems next year (with python2 not
installed by default).  At some point, we will either be asking users to
install an old Python to use PETSc or we'll have to limit our
backward-compatibility, asking users of antique operating systems to
either upgrade their Python or use --download-python.