[petsc-dev] moab nightlybuild failure

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 28 13:46:53 CDT 2013

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013, Jed Brown wrote:

> Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> writes:
>
> > And just as with git - were we have to query [or store] the current
> > local state [so as to compare with whats in moab.py or equivalent] -
> > we would have to store & query the current state of stuff obtained
> > from tarballs in a similar manner.
>
> Given an arbitrary working tree, how would you verify whether it's
> up-to-date with a stated URL, short of always downloading (and caching?)
> the URL and unpacking it every time?
>
> Compare to
>
>   $ git checkout -f $gitcommit

Yeah - git checkout is simple at this step. - but it has other burdens
at other stages [require autoreconf]

Wrt tarball - I was thinking: - we would cache the url [not the
tarball] - similar to the way we cache the make/configure-options used
to rebuild package - and redownload - if no match.

Satish