[petsc-dev] moab nightlybuild failure

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 28 13:05:00 CDT 2013

Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> writes:

> Yes most complexity is manageable at [at some cost and tradeoffs]. Its
> a matter of whats required.
>
> For ex: If tracking moab-dev is required - one simplification is to
> use the nightly tarballs [as before] - not the git repo.

The challenge is knowing when an update is required.  If the URL doesn't
change, then we don't know that an update is needed.  My intent was that
we would eventually use the gitcommit field to know when an update is
needed, but note that that is quite different from tracking whatever is
in 'master'.