[petsc-dev] moab nightlybuild failure

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 28 11:55:11 CDT 2013

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013, Barry Smith wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2013, at 8:46 PM, "Timothy J. Tautges" <tautges at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
> > I've been mulling whether by default petsc should point to a release tarball anyway, I think it should (4.6 being the latest).
>
>   PETSc releases should point to moab releases. But PETSc-dev should point to moab-dev

This kind of switch adds extra complexity - and not needed unless moab
and petsc codes are intertwined and released simultaneously.

Do we really need to track moab-dev?

Also the git stuff [instead of just tarballs is adding extra
complexity [which is also breaking some current functionality - like
--download-package=url]

Its not clear to me if we really need to track the git repos of
external packages.

Satish