[petsc-dev] Checking hostnames

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 6 14:56:22 CDT 2013

   It definitely was put in originally to solve a particular problem. I only remember vaguely that some sites/systems would intentionally? put invalid values in and this was a crude way to detect those and not use them.

   I am fine with the code being taken out (we can always put something back if problems develop).

   Barry