[petsc-dev] Experimental GNU make build system

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 5 20:23:09 CDT 2013

On Wed, 5 Jun 2013, Satish Balay wrote:

> I have fixed up win32fe to process '@cmdfile' args to archiver
> correctly. [i.e win32fe does the windows-unix path conversion for this
> opton]. So the following now works.
>
> [I'll have to look at fixing up win32fe anyway to get the
> FC_MODULE_OUTPUT_FLAG test going properly anyway]
>
> Also - I removed all the compiler/tool autodetection code in
> win32fe. [it wasn't working well - and was disabled by default for the
> past few releases. And we've been insisting on users setting up
> working compiler enviornment via 'compiler cmd' anyway]

All changes pushed to https://bitbucket.org/petsc/win32fe

BTW: The time to build debug/c++/complex/sequential/64bit version of
petsc on a 8core [16 HT] windows machine with cl/ifort [via win32fe]
using gmakefile is:

balay at msnehalem2 ~/petsc.clone
$ time make -f gmakefile PETSC_ARCH=arch-uni-cxx-cmplx -j 20 > gmake.log

real    1m23.668s
user    0m30.656s
sys     1m14.297s
<<<<<<<