[petsc-dev] Q/A: submiminor on PETSc

Toby D. Young tyoung at ippt.pan.pl
Wed Jul 31 09:10:13 CDT 2013

>     We've tried to come around to the "community standard" with the sub
>     minor numbering. It represents bug fixes from previous sub minors
>     but NO API changes. Users should be able to switch to a higher sub
>     minor without any changes to their code.

That explanation fits in perfectly with my expectations and experience.
Keyword: API. Thank you for clarifying what I already knew was correct.

PS. Can I get my commit permissions back for PETSc dev please?

------

Toby D. Young
Assistant Professor

Division of Computational Method
Institute of Fundamental Technological Research
of the Polish Academy of Sciences
ul Pawinskiego 5b
02-106 Warsaw
Poland

www: http://www.ippt.pan.pl/~tyoung

Session on the grid-based quantum many-body problem:
http://www.ippt.pan.pl/~tyoung/icnaam.html