[petsc-dev] Building PETSc for Intel's Xeon Phi

Karl Rupp rupp at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jul 7 10:20:40 CDT 2013

Hi Chen,

 > Did anyone try to build PETSc for Intel's Xeon Phi (MIC architecture) ?
> I'm having configure errors , if you had a chance to do it , please
> write here
> how you configured petsc in this case,

You may use the Xeon Phi via OpenCL and ViennaCL, but the performance is
rather bad because Intel's OpenCL SDK for MIC isn't mature yet. If you
want to give it a try nonetheless, I can send you instructions.

I'm not aware of a PETSc build for 'native' execution on the Xeon Phi.
'Offloaded' execution using OpenMP-style pragmas is not supported, as
this is too vendor-specific.

Best regards,
Karli