[petsc-dev] nightly builds

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jul 6 20:23:50 CDT 2013

On Sat, 6 Jul 2013, Jed Brown wrote:

> >   --with-c89  ? Since that is essentially what we are trying to achieve?
>
> Yeah, some of us have PETSC_ARCHes with
>
>   CFLAGS='-std=c89 -pedantic -Wno-long-long'

-pedantic does '-Wdeclaration-after-statement' - but not
'-Werror=declaration-after-statement'. And using '-pedantic
-Werror=declaration-after-statement' doesn't work as -Werror appears
to get ignored..noise [but get caught in the windows build]

We have a nightlybuild with the above CFLAGS - it gives a bunch more
warnings apart from -Wdeclaration-after-statement - so these warnings
get lost in the noise.

Satish