[petsc-dev] Runge-Kutta example in TS

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jan 19 18:46:21 CST 2013

On Jan 17, 2013, at 6:05 PM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Sean Farley <sean at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> But, as Matt points out, RK methods are now
> under SSP
>
> Those are SSP RK methods. RK is a general class of methods and there is still the legacy TSRK, though I think nobody uses it. It doesn't currently use TSAdapt so it won't be very flexible. If people want conventional explicit RK solvers, we can easily renovate TSRK.
>
> (Jed, why aren't the ARKIMEX methods shown in help?),
>
> They are, the list just spills onto the next line
>
>   -ts_type <euler>: TS method (one of) euler beuler cn pseudo gl ssp theta alpha
>       sundials rk arkimex rosw ( TSSetType)

   This is not a good thing. Often people use

./program -help | grep xxxx (for example -ts_type)

to search for a particular thing. They will often not find it because of this and assume is not there.

Note that -help prints soooo much damn stuff that wading through it all is too painful hence grep

 Any reasonable way to fix this?