[petsc-dev] OpenMP in PETSc when calling from Fortran?

Åsmund Ervik asmund.ervik at ntnu.no
Thu Feb 28 04:35:54 CST 2013

Hi,

Having read that petsc-dev has the possibility of using OpenMP to run PC
and KSP routines in parallel, and that people are getting nice speedup
with this, I wanted to make use of this feature in our code. It is an
incompressible two-phase flow solver programmed in Fortran which used
PETSc for solving the pressure Poisson equation.

I am, however, unable to use PETSC with OpenMP from Fortran. In
particular, I can't seem to find a Fortran header file corresponding to
petscthreadcomm.h (which is for C/C++). Is this not implemented yet? If
so, is only the header file missing, or is more work required?

Regards,
Åsmund Ervik