[petsc-dev] (no subject)

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Feb 16 17:14:18 CST 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>     No one would "classify" PETSC_HAVE_HYPRE as being relevant to any
> particular thing. Rather if you are writing code anywhere in PETSc (Mat,
> PC, whatever) and wished to use hypre you would have
>
> #include <petsc-private/petscconfhypre.h>

Ah, this is finer-grained than I had imagined, but may work. Reconfiguring
with a new package would typically only require rebuilding a few files,
which is nice. OTOH, this would create a zillion one-line files.

> #if defined(PETSC_HAVE_HYPE)
> just like now
>
> Of course this requires always creating includes for all packages but
> maybe no biggie?

I was concerned with how they would be classified. The majority of
petscconf.h is machine/system stuff that changes rarely.