[petsc-dev] Graph of dependencies in include/

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 14 16:20:42 CST 2013

On Feb 14, 2013, at 4:10 PM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>    I got upset one day that trivially restarting an ODE integration in PETSc required the user to write any code at all so decided to do something about. Hence the mushrooms
>
> What was your idea here? The restarted code would go along up until TSSolve, but TSSolve would be fed an option that it would use to initialize its state? What are the stored function pointers being used for?

   src/ts/examples/tutorials/ex28.c (though the comment is wrong, the example did run for me).

   TSView()  to binary stores the ENTIRE TS state needed to run (yes including the function pointers provided by the user) and TSLoad() loads it back up ready to run again :-)

   Barry

Note 1) it is still only proof of concept, I don't do anything with user contexts etc etc.

Note 2) it, course, doesn't save state inside SNES, KSP, PC, or Mat nor should it ever. Those will all get rebuilt when the next TSSolve() is called.