[petsc-dev] Graph of dependencies in include/

Karl Rupp rupp at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 14 14:56:30 CST 2013

Hi guys,

after some brainstorming with Jed and Barry yesterday on the exercise of
drawing an include graph I came up with a script for doing so using
GraphViz:

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc-dev/commits/6b94bbbb78610810e628b868c0c4da98

Running the script from PETSC_DIR generates the graph. The output
obtained on my machine is attached as PDF.

I hope this helps in simplifying the include hierarchy and in a better
separation of modules. It also helps in finding erroneous conditional
includes: petscfix.h, petscconf.h and petscfptimpl.h are included under
some circumstances - but don't exist.

Best regards,
Karli