[petsc-dev] ugliness due to missing lapack routines

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 8 00:05:46 CST 2013

On Feb 7, 2013, at 11:32 PM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 11:11 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>  You need to know the right approach to everything you are going to do down to the last detail before you start a project?
>
> I'd like to have a reason to believe it's not doomed from the start.

   Regardless of the craziness of my plan, I think we can all agree that the more structure, consistency, maintainability, and ability to introspect on the code of the PETSc source code we have the better off we are. So any work (ok so most work) I do on upgrading the PETSc source code in pursuit of the whale means better code.