[petsc-dev] patch for BiCG on GPUs (reworked).

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 1 22:22:13 CST 2013

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 9:21 PM, Karl Rupp <rupp at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> I've spotted a few replacements of the kind:
>   -  CUSPARRAY      *xGPU=PETSC_NULL, *bGPU=PETSC_NULL;
>   +  CUSPARRAY      *xGPU, *bGPU;
> Is this intentional? This is likely to lead to warnings. I skipped these
> changes.

We had a conversation a while back about these. I think these instances
were put in to appease a buggy compiler's warnings, but they make Valgrind
much less useful. Initializing those in the proper initialization routine,
but before the first conditional (usually some validation guard) fixes the
compiler warning. Presumably that was the situation here, but I also
haven't tested it.