[petsc-dev] git : list branches started off maint - but not yet merged back

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Aug 31 19:07:00 CDT 2013

Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> writes:
>> Candidate for maint: refs/remotes/origin/jed/avoid-getpwuid Fri Aug 30 18:10:37 2013 -0700
>> 6c8deb0 Sys: fix PetscGetFullPath expansion of ~ and ~user, ensure NULL termination
>> 45082d6 Sys: avoid getpwuid in file path routines
>> 311ae19 Sys: add failing test expanding ~/file-name and ~user/file-name
>>

> BTW: perhaps this is a master only change? [because now ~/.petscrc won't work for some folks?]

I started it from 'maint' because I wanted to have the option.  Do we
know of systems for which getpwuid returns good information about the
home directory, but for which HOME is not set?  Maybe we'll find out if
people are trying 'next' on funny machines.  It would be nice for 3.4.3
to not have this possible problem on BG.

Note that PetscGetFullPath was obviously broken before:

commit 311ae19d0f5ae5259a6236e6f4ce4509eaf01c8f