[petsc-dev] git : list branches started off maint - but not yet merged back

Karl Rupp rupp at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 29 12:14:39 CDT 2013

Hi Satish,

 > In git - how do I list branches that started off maint - but are not
> yet merged back?

Hmm, I don't have a one-liner for this, but you'll get some idea of the
relevant branches using
  git branch --contains maint
as well as
  git branch --no-merge maint

Keep in mind that the first command will not list branches which are not
derived from the current tip, so older branches will be skipped. Also,
as maint and master were identical at the last release and have
occasionally received merges, it is not straightforward to reliably
identify those branches in the DAG which started off maint.

Best regards,
Karli