[petsc-dev] sor smoothers

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 13 14:19:15 CDT 2013

  Another note for the archive. If one uses SSOR smoothing directly (no Cheby) with the trick of saving the accumulated action of the upper or lower half of the matrix then the matrix-vector product to compute the residual after the pre smoothing can be done using those accumulated values at a cost of .5 work units instead of 1 unit.

   Barry

Each approach has its handful of tricks to shave off work.