[petsc-dev] Hybrid MPI/OpenMP reflections

Michael Lange michael.lange at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Aug 9 08:31:45 CDT 2013

Hi,

I just had a look at the threaded version of MatMult_SeqAIJ and I think
the Flops logging might be incorrect, because the nonzerorows aren't
counted in MatMult_SeqAIJ_Kernel. Fixing this in the thread kernel would
require a reduction though, which could impact performance. Is this a
known problem, or is there a better way to compute Flops, which doesn't
require the nonzerorows?

Alternatively, would it make sense to pre-compute the nonzerorows and
store them in the threadcomm? This might require more of the AIJ data
structure to be exposed to PetscLayoutSetUp /
PetscThreadCommGetOwnershipRanges though.

Regards,
Michael