[petsc-dev] Removal of PETSC_VIEWER_NATIVE?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 8 13:27:58 CDT 2013

   At that time we had started to collect these oddball IO methods:

   loadintovector
-  PetscErrorCode (*loadintovectornative)(PetscViewer,Vec);
-  PetscErrorCode (*viewnative)(Vec,PetscViewer);

   and Vec/MatLoad() actually created the object and load into it.

   I wanted XXXView/XXXLoad() to take an already created XXXX (allowing the user to determine type etc) and get rid of all the oddball methods.   I think the lose of all the native support was accidental, hence Shri put some of it back in. If there is more we should have that is not there then we should add it back in.

    Barry