[petsc-dev] MPI_UNSIGNED_LONG_LONG in mpiuni.h

Chetan Jhurani chetan.jhurani at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 13:17:26 CDT 2013

Info about long long:

Visual Studio 2005 supports long long (sizeof = 8)
even when compiling in 32 bit mode, so I assume all
later ones do.

Trilinos 11.0+ uses long long for 64-bit indices.  I have tested
it with two compilers (2005/2012) and I'm guessing others
have used other versions.

About stdint.h:

I see that it is there with Visual Studio 2012 on
my machine, but not with 2005.  Below is more info
on stdint and MS VS.  I never had a need to use
it so can't say more than this.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/126279/c99-stdint-h-header-and-ms-visual-studio

Chetan