[petsc-dev] MPI_UNSIGNED_LONG_LONG in mpiuni.h

Chetan Jhurani chetan.jhurani at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 11:57:23 CDT 2013

Hi,

mpiuni.h does not define MPI_UNSIGNED_LONG_LONG, which leads
to a problem in defining MPIU_SIZE_T here in petscsys.h.

#if (PETSC_SIZEOF_SIZE_T) == (PETSC_SIZEOF_INT)
#define MPIU_SIZE_T MPI_UNSIGNED
#elif  (PETSC_SIZEOF_SIZE_T) == (PETSC_SIZEOF_LONG)
#define MPIU_SIZE_T MPI_UNSIGNED_LONG
#elif  (PETSC_SIZEOF_SIZE_T) == (PETSC_SIZEOF_LONG_LONG)
#define MPIU_SIZE_T MPI_UNSIGNED_LONG_LONG
#else
#error "Unknown size for size_t! Send us a bugreport at petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov"
#endif

In case this is important, I'm on windows, no mpi and can
send more details if needed.  I'm using a slightly older
version of petsc, but I see that the next branch does not
contain the required definition in mpiuni.h

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/src/d93c087c991ba51c9078189a5f0b6f06a517745d/include/mpiuni/mpi.h?at=next

Chetan