[petsc-dev] [petsc-users] Problem of installing PETS with MPI on windows 8 64 bit

Travis Austin austin at txcorp.com
Sat Oct 20 14:31:28 CDT 2012

Hi,

I recently encountered this problem and removed the --with-mpi-include and --with-mpi-lib lines
on the configure line and added --with-mpi=1.  Then I let the PETSc build system find the include
files and library files and it did so successfully.  After digging into MPI.py I can see that they look
in the right directories (for this particular specification of the msmpi libraries) by default.

It may not be the preferred way but it is another option.

Travis