[petsc-dev] Mark Adam's performance kernel logging

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 30 15:45:37 CST 2012

   I think we can implement Mark Adam's idea of generating performance information for individual kernels (multiply, dot, daxpy …) by using the XXView() code since that handles the recursive traversal  to the sub objects. So MatView() with the performance viewer format would do a MatMult(),   KSPView() would do a axpy,  KSPView_GMRES() would do an mdot and maxpy etc. … PCMG would call the viewer recursively on the subksps etc etc etc.