[petsc-dev] http://www.hpcwire.com/hpcwire/2012-11-12/intel_brings_manycore_x86_to_market_with_knights_corner.html

Anton Popov popov at uni-mainz.de
Tue Nov 13 16:30:27 CST 2012

It's really a mystery that you get any speedup on any kind of processor
for MKL sparse triangular solves, because according to this:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/parallelism-in-the-intel-math-kernel-library
they are not threaded at all. citation: "For sparse matrices, all level
2 operations except for the sparse triangular solvers are threaded"

Anton