[petsc-dev] Fwd: [mumps-dev] support for distributed right-hand vectors?

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 7 13:09:40 CST 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Hong Zhang <hzhang at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>> However, the broken routine is still used for Cholesky. Why not delete
>> MatMatSolve_MUMPS entirely?
>>
> Pushed fix for Cholesky.

Why not actually delete the MatMatMult_MUMPS stub? It's dead code that is
never called and doesn't do anything now. I don't think it saves work to
keep the fragment around for some indeterminate time in the future when it
might be relevant. Meanwhile, existence of the symbol makes it easy to
accidentally think it must be called.

> I'll implement sequential MatMatSolve_MUMPS there.

What do you mean?

> For parallel, we may implement multiple VecScatter?

To scatter several vectors at once, or something else?