[petsc-dev] OpenMPI is a menace

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Sun Nov 4 21:55:59 CST 2012

On 11/ 5/12 10:48 AM, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM, "C. Bergström"
> <cbergstrom at pathscale.com <mailto:cbergstrom at pathscale.com>> wrote:
>

>     Which bugs are you specifically interested in getting fixed?
>

> When they install to a non-standard location, they do not add RPATH
> support for the
> library link in their compiler wrappers.
(That's really it?  You're going to throw a grenade over this?)
--------
I just pulled the svn nightly tarball of OpenMPI and I'm wondering if of
these below could be used to help?  Have you tried and it's buggy?  They
seem to propagate to the wrapper scripts

   --with-wrapper-ldflags  Extra flags to add to LDFLAGS when using
wrapper compilers
   --with-wrapper-libs     Extra flags to add to LIBS when using wrapper
compilers