[petsc-dev] OpenMPI is a menace

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Sun Nov 4 21:38:58 CST 2012

On 11/ 5/12 10:13 AM, Matthew Knepley wrote:
> I am tired of wasting time on their stupid bugs which we report but
> are never fixed. Is there a way to retaliate without grenades?
Switch over to HPX?
http://stellar.cct.lsu.edu/tag/hpx/

I'm not sure it's at a point where it can handle petsc, but keep it in
mind for 2013.  I'm cc'ing one of the devs who is probably not
subscribed, but can answer questions.  (bandwidth permitting and maybe
delayed until @SC12 or after)
Option 2 - We (PathScale) have been considering to take on shipping a
supported version of OpenMPI for some time.  If anyone would be
interested in add-on support or just paying a bounty to fix bugs - We
may be able to work it out.  (Not the perfect open source answer, but
maybe it's better (cheaper?) than grenades..

Which bugs are you specifically interested in getting fixed?