[petsc-dev] What needs to be done before a release?

Blaise Bourdin bourdin at lsu.edu
Sun May 27 10:16:32 CDT 2012

Barry,

If I frame your email, will you sign it for me? ;)

I am traveling so I did not have much time to do it, even in my sleep, but Tim's solution is essentially right.

Have a look at the attached code. I had to write my own interface to PetscOptionsGetEnum, but I have to do the equivalent of FIXCHAR by myself (basically appending  //C_NULL_CHAR). I checked in the debugger, and the list argument that is passed to PetscOptionsGetEList is the same as the one passed from C. Is this what you want?

Do you want to do the FIXCHAR business in the C or fortran side? I suspect that you would prefer not having to append the C_NULL_CHAR in fortran, but I can't figure how to do that without allocating a new array of strings, and causing a memory leak. What do you think?

If this is not what you want, could you meet me half way and write the fortran interface you would like to use, in which case I will try to write the missing fortran parts.

Blaise