[petsc-dev] OS X message "Do you want ex3 to ..." are killing me

Mark F. Adams mark.adams at columbia.edu
Tue May 15 14:29:13 CDT 2012

PETSc codes running on my Mac open a sticky top window asking for permission for the executable to do something.  These windows, one for each process, grab the mouse focus and stay above normal windows.  This is generally annoying but when I run 'make allltest' it creates many windows per second, all grabbing the mouse, resulting in an effective DoS attack on my keyboard.  And Cntr-C does not seem to work so it is really effective.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Mark